Sunday, June 07, 2009

177.

So... I'm at 177 words.

Despite the math, I'm not quitting. Not just yet. Instead I'm planning on being at 30,000 words before next Saturday, 2pm. We'll see how that goes.

Why 177? No reasons nearly as good as Sarah's (sorry to hear about your son!), here's what the deal is. FYI.

Mostly, I haven't secured my E-town digs yet, and it feels rude to write novels when surfing on peoples' couches. Speaking of people and couches, it was sort of silly to sign up for this thing after being away. So many conversations to have, so much time.

And every time I fire up my busty ass laptop - and yes, it is busty ass - the rain broke it in Africa and now it's to the point that I can't move it at all while it's on without risking it dying without warning -
-anyway, as I was saying, whenever I fire it up, the novel appears, but so does a somewhat stress-induced desire to look for a job.

There's also the desire to win this silly contest conflicting with the desire to write about the last 6 months.

Like I said, not really very good reasons.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mustafa Hirji said...

Maybe write a novel based on your last 6 months, but change details to make it more interesting, or at least, more verbose.

- Mustafa Hirji

11:33 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

I agree. If you write about the last six months, then not only will you be fulfilling two desires at once (though perhaps having to sacrifice a little quality) but also, when people want to talk to you and find out what you've been doing, you can give them what you've written so far.

3:18 AM  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

That's actually what I'm doing, as it turns out, only it's more like the last three months, and probably requires more detail-changery than yours would to make it interesting.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It sounds like you have very valid reasons for your lack of word count; my reasons are a little on the extreme side... I don't think much could top it, barring severe injury or death... and that would be just plain horrible.

Good-luck writing, I hope you keep with it, despite how far behind you are at the moment.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home