Friday, May 29, 2009

There are horses and there are gates. Shall ever the twain meet? Maybe.

We have a slimmed down roster for NaNoWriMo U of A 2009. I prefer to think that this means that we're leaner and hungrier. I know I am: as soon as I finish this blog post I'm going to have a snack. But nothing that will compromise our sveltness (sveltitude? Hell, why not both if it will help you reach fifty grand faster?), I promise.

Anyway, we have twenty-one twoone lined up this year, fully one third seven six of whom are past winners (though granted this figure includes a couple of people who told me that they were "maybe" in, and who I'm promoted to "definitely" in on the basis of not having heard otherwise from them). I think seven is the minimum number of completed novels we should expect this year. Woot? You're damned right.

Justin Benko
Sarah Bidanjiri
Ashleigh Brown
Courtney Burr
Richard Casey
Natalie Climenhaga
Adam Demaniuk
Amanda Henry
Daniel Kaszor
Scott Lilwall
Dave Miller
Chris O'Leary
Shawna Pandya
Samantha Power
Nadia Rushdy
Chris Schafenacker
Steph Shantz
Heather Smith
Steve Smith
Krystia Sulatycki
Jake Troughton
Ray Wheeler

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

People I'm calling out to fail right now. That's right I'm calling YOU out to fail:

Chris O'Leary
Natalie Climenhaga

1:41 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

wow. this must be the first year that your initial predicition wasn't overly optimistic.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home