Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chance of failure: Moderate

Three years ago I completed a novel. It helped that I was unemployed and really had my heart set on it. Everyone else in the contest was close at hand and we positively re-inforced each other to finish.

Two years ago I did not complete a novel. I was unemployed that month as well, but had just moved across the country and had a whole new city to explore. My heart wasn't in it and my support network of people was 2700 km away.

Last year I didn't even try. I had a full-time job and was never going to be pushing out 1667 words a day.

This year I am underemployed and social networking sites have advanced enough that they can create the support network to keep me going (@dkaszor). And yet ... I also have a major project due this month ...

WPDNF: 1667

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home