Saturday, May 10, 2008

It Must Be Week 2

Excellent news! My novel has stalled, and I'm now behind the 1667 words per day needed to finish. I wrote 24 words on Friday night before throwing up my hands and saying "Fuck it!" and spending four hours at the craps table. (Note: the exact written words were "They walked over to the bar and ordered a drink. Alex wasn’t sure of the beer in this country, so he ordered a Foster’s.")

To make matters worse, items from Magna Carta II are finding their way into my novel. I hate bar and restaurant settings where the characters engage in idle conversation, and I've written three already. Fuck. At this point, it seems like the characters are just going through the motions and I can't think of anything interesting for them to say or do.

I keep reassuring myself by reminding myself that I'm still ahead of where I was this time last year and I managed to finish, and it was worse last year; I had advanced the plot to the point where I was running out of stuff to write.

I think I need to do something drastic to get this project back on the rails. One of my characters might have to suffer an untimely end...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home