Monday, May 14, 2007

Word count - thirteen days in

Some shocking developments this week. Since these developments fall mostly under the category of people who dropped out, we'll start with them:

Daniel Kaszor, Jake Troughton, Janet Lo, Steph Shantz, Josh Bazin, Heather Olah, Krystina Sulatycki, Erran Rilkoff, and Chris O'Leary are all out. This just goes to show how tough Week Two is. As for the actual counts:

Scott Lilwall: 25786
Jenna Greig: 18513
Adam Demaniuk: 17696
Steve Smith: 16008
Catrin Berghoff: 15035
Amanda Henry: 13163
Michelle Kelly: 9652
Nicholas Tam: 6535
Matt Costello: 4400
Nadia Rushdy: 4230
Erik Jacobs: 2514
Ashley Geis: 2241
Justin Benko: 2106
Richard Casey: 1565
Bryn Cox: 1113
Heather Smith: 527
Natalie Climenhaga: 136
Elliot Kerr: 1 (It's "I")

The mathematically-inclined among you will no doubt have noticed that absolutely none of the above people are on pace to finish (said pace requiring 20967.24 words) (NOTE: I wrote this before Lilwall sent me his total). But hey, like I said, Week Two's always rough.

Incidentally, none of the below of reported to me, so I'm just reposting their week one totals:

Ryan Heise: 7000
David Cournoyer: 3113
Erin Reddekopp: 1278
Ashraf Rushdy: 900
Chris Samuel: 565
Mike Larocque: "so close to zero that I might as well have not started"
Kim Misutka: 0

The below people haven't reported either week, so I think it's likely safe to say that they're out:

Ian Cole
Thabo Miller
Michael Ng
Greg Overguard
Shawna Pandya
Tim Peppin
Chris Schafenacker
Michael Smith
Iman Verjee


Once again, updates will be forthcoming if anybody provides me with any new information.

Update: Natalie Climenhaga and Krystina Sulatycki have provided updates.

Date, Upped Good: Scott Lilwall, Richard Casey, and Erran Rilkoff have updated me on their progress.

7 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

It was actually week one that went terribly. Week two just failed to make up the difference.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

What he said. And also, I've just decided to focus my fiction-in-a-month efforts for this season on Script Frenzy next month.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Catrin said...

Excuses, excuses! That said, I haven't really written in 3 days or so. Instead, I'm gardening. In fact, I'm going to go plant strawberries *right now*.

6:49 PM  
Blogger daveberta said...

Nothing has changed. I'm stalled at 3113.

Hope to go on a writing binge this weekend.

DAVE

11:11 PM  
Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

So ... how are those novels a coming? Ahem.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

So has the competition withered and died? I still want updates!

6:30 PM  
Blogger A said...

The one in charge of collecting said updates has decreed that you have to wait until midnight on Thursday.

Ha.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home