Thursday, May 03, 2007

So, as many of you know, I have recently entered the "unemployed" stage of my career. I completed my Ombuds term at the Students' Union, and rather than find a job, I thought, "Hey! Why not try writing a novel instead?" I mean, ostensibly, writing could be considered a job, so maybe I'm not even technically unemployed. "Plenty of time," I thought mirthfully. "Plenty of time to write a novel! Why, I might even write TWO! Mwahahaha...."

Now here's the rub...I have the attention span of a two year-old ADHD chihuahua that's been drinking Red Bull and vodka (which someone slipped a pill of ecstasy into while he was using the bathroom). I am getting distracted by damn near everything. Wanna play a game of Caylus? Sure, I've got time. What's this? A comic book? Let me read it! Ooh...a new DS game! Shiny! Hell, even in the time spent composing this short blog post, I've looked up two articles on the NBA playoffs and started a game of Settlers online.

My word count is nothing short of a train wreck. If I'm not at 5,000 by the end of today, I'm hanging myself with my head phone wires.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

Here is what I just heard:

"Blah, Blah, Blah, excuses. Blah, Blah, Blah"

Don't worry Chris. If you don't finish we will think less of you.

10:20 AM  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

I don't see how we could possibly think less of Samuel for not finishing than we thought of him after he made it fifty words in last year.

I mean, seriously - my perception of Samuel's pretty much already hit rock bottom.

10:26 AM  
Blogger --Chris said...

Excuses? I wasn't making excuses. In fact, I thought that I was making it very clear that the sole cause of my slacked-ness is internal.

As for thinking less of me...well, screw you guys.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

I think you just need to prove us wrong by finishing.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home