Saturday, May 05, 2007

New beginnings

Like Steve, I was entirely unsatisfied with the way my novel was going. Unlike Steve, I hadn't got very far, and was entirely certain that I would not be able to finish that utter tripe. So I started over. Yay for me! That was on day 2, and now here we are at the end of day 5, and I still haven't made much progress, but I'm liking it a whole lot better, and today was my first productive day. I expect even better days to come. And by "expect" I mean "need."

Anyway, to answer Dan's question: yes, I was finding it harder. (That's what she said.) But now I think I'm starting to find it easier. (That's what she said.) And I'm planning an entire chapter of "that's what she said" jokes. It'll be fantastic.

After five days, I've now written slightly more than two days worth of material. I've got some catching up to do. How are y'all's word counts progressing?

Also, my new opening line: "Joey Bergman sweated profusely as the harsh floodlights burned into his eyes."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mustafa Hirji said...

Is Steve posting weekly word count totals again this year?

- Mustafa Hirji

2:50 AM  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

He sure is - expect the first one today just after midnight Edmonton time. He plans on not giving up part way through the month this time, either, but the best laid plans of etc., etc., etc.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home