Thursday, May 31, 2007

"50,000 words? Piece of cake. Count me in."

Whoops! Guess I should think before I type something like that on a Facebook event wall. Now that it is over, what a relief.

I cracked the 50,000 word barrier about 10 minutes ago, but kept going, just in case some people choose not to count the title page and chapter headings as actual words.

Since I have to be up for work in a little more than four hours, I think I'm going to call it a night. I'll put up a "by the numbers" post and a self-review tomorrow.

For everyone who's still in the game, I hope you keep up the work, or else it's going to be awfully lonely in the winner's circle twenty three hours from now...

1 Comments:

Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

Your Dudeship, I speak from experience when I say that the correct course of action when you finish a novel within hours of needing to be up for work, the correct course of action is *not* to go to sleep, but to listen to "We Are the Champions" on repeat for several hours.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home