Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Interactive Fun-Time Bonanza

Fun times were certainly had by all at Keegan's last night, where by "all" I mean "me, Steve, Catrin, and briefly Shawna." I didn't write near as much I'd hoped while there, only about 1100 words, but it was a pivotal moment in the story, so I don't feel too bad about not blasting through it.

I post, though, because I want to pose two questions to the group. Please do respond.

Question the First: In the space of one paragraph, I increased my novel's "fuck" count from three to 16 (it's now 17), putting the figure somewhere in the neighbour of Steve's, last I heard. How many times does the word "fuck" or its variants appear in your novel?

Question the Second: My favourite line I wrote last night, which Steve seemed to appreciate, was the following piece of dialogue: "Okay, so what do I do if there is an impromptu garlic-throwing festival?" What's your favourite line you've written in the last couple days?

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Kaszor said...

Q1: 1
Q2: That one that I posted a couple of days ago about wiping out the human race.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Catrin said...

Q1: Also one, but it counts more because it's used in its original, sexual sense, and not as a swear.

Q3: As you well know, Jake, it was "She could feel the lust in her toes, in her hair, and in her fingernails" tied with "Nothing mattered less to her than pleasing him".

By the way, has anyone else had a sex scene yet? I mean, they are hard to write!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home