Sunday, May 21, 2006

After almost three weeks I'm ready to make my list

You know those lists we were supposed to make at the beginning about things we do and don't like in stories. Well after getting over a major hate-on for my novel, I think I'm ready to make my list.

Things I like and want to continue in my novel:

  • Action sequences held in the moment.
  • Sequences about settings or moments in time reflected through the lens of a character
  • Reflections on Characters' moods or feelings as exposed through internal dialogue


Things I don't like and want to avoid as much as possible:
  • Dialogue, especially plot oriented expository dialogue
  • Plot oriented expository sequences in general


Man, I might write 50 000 words, but there is almost no way I'll be done the story by that point. This is exacerbated by the fact that I find moving the plot forward painful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Yeah, Steve. I need to make myself feel better about how far behind I am by seeing that everyone else is even further behind.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Catrin said...

Yeah, and I would like to see how even though I quit more than ten days ago, I'm still in the top 20% or so.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home